The young adult department offers services to teens age 12 to 18, including programming, homework assistance, research assistance, award winning titles, magazines, audiobooks, eBooks and iPad training.
Summer Reading Program
Grades 6 – 12; June 4 – July 21
Check out reading material from any of our four locations – books, magazines, ebooks and audio books all count. Please ask a staff member about receiving a reading log. Movies do not count toward the reading program, but please check out your favorite flicks! Receive points for each item read. Different materials will have different points, so refer to your reading log for point values. Receive prizes once you’ve reached 25, 50, 75, and 100 points.
- 20 points for YA fiction & YA nonfiction
- 15 points for general fiction & nonfiction
- 10 points for Tween fiction & nonfiction and audiobooks
- 5 points for magazines, juvenile fiction, & juvenile nonfiction
- 25 points – candy bar
- 50 points – tablet sleeve
- 75 points – earbuds
- 100 – popsocket
Teen Summer Program
Grades 6 – 12; June 6 – July 18 (no program on July 4)
This weekly program for teens offers a cool way for teens to learn about rockin’ characters in several YA novels and hangout with friends, while expanding their love of books, reading, and knowledge of the library.
- June 6 – Boomwhackers: learn the basics of reading music and playing an instrument with fun sounding xylophones!
- June 13 – Headphone Wraps: wrap your headphone cords in embroidery thread to prevent them from tangling! Earbuds provided, but if you have your own pair you want wrapped, please bring them!
- June 20 – Lip Sync Battles: battle for the title of SCPL Lip Sync champion; perform your favorite song and have fun!
- June 27 – DIY Ukuleles
- July 11 – DIY Ukuleles
- July 18 – DIY Ukuleles