Circulation Policy Evergreen Indiana Circulation Policy
Meeting rooms may be used by non-profit organizations and for educational purposes during regular library hours.
- No fee shall be charged for the use of the room
- All library activities shall have priority over the use of the rooms
- The librarian shall be in charge of reservations
- The library does not loan equipment to patrons
Internet Use Agreement
The librarys computer system provides the opportunity to integrate electronic resources from information networks around the world with the librarys other resources. The Internet enables library patrons to access and use information beyond that housed in the library.
Rules of Use:
- The Public Access Internet stations are available during regular library hours
- Each person is allowed (1) one of computer time, but may be extended
- Do not display objectionable sites. Objectionable sites include, but are not limited to, profanity, sexually explicit graphics & images, or other sites that violate community standards
- The computers hard drives are for storage of library software and information. You may use your own USB flash drive (thumb drive) or CD-Rs for your personal data
- Spencer County Public Library is not responsible for damage to your data, USB flash drive (thumb drive), or hardware due to libraru use
- Only software programs provided by the library may be used on the librarys computer
- Persons under the age of 13 must have their parent/guardian with them at all times while using the computers for Internet Access.
Memorial Gifts & Donations Policy
Monetary donations and memorial gifts are vital assets to our library. We will use all donations to enrich the library and our community.
Monetary donations to the Spencer County Public Library are greatly appreciated. Unrestricted gifts of money are gratefully accepted by the library to support programming, collection development, and technology enhancement. Donations will be used where they are most needed. Restricted gifts, gifts-in-kind, and gifts of consequence will be considered and accepted at the discretion of the library board and library director. Donations are tax deductible, and a letter of acknowledgement will be sent to the donor.
Gifts are accepted in honor or memory of a person. The SCPL Donation Form must be completed and submitted with each request. Monetary donations are preferred so that new materials which are useful to the library and desired by the community may be acquired. Donors must specify the amount they wish to donate. Donors may suggest a topic or subject along with the type of material they wish to be purchased. The library will try to honor topic suggestions, but cannon guarantee the purchase of specific items. Gifts of materials must meet the same criteria as purchased materials for inclusion in the collection and are only accepted with the directors approval. A bookplate will be added to the memory item to honor the donor and the memorialized person, and a card will be added to our memorial file.