SCPL has recently subscribed to a great database to develop language! “MUZZY Club will bring the benefits of bilingualism to youngsters, and provide a service to those in your community who may not have resources to provide the gift of language learning at home.” All SCPL card holders have access to MUZZY Club and can learn the following languages: British English, American English, Spanish, Spanish(LatAm), French, Chinese Pinyin, Italian, German, and Korean. Use the following instructions to get started with MUZZY:
On a PC, Mac, Linux, or Chromebook:
- Visit www.muzzyclub.com/entry/SpencerLibrary
- Log in using your library card number.
- Choose the target language.
- First time users should click on the ‘life saver’ in the lower left corner to access a short tutorial on how to begin using MUZZY Club.
- After viewing the tutorial, or to start using the course, click on the numeral 1 to begin the journey to bilingualism.
On a Android or IOS tablet:
- Perform a one-time installation of the Puffin Academy Safe Browser for Children.
- Install the Puffin Academy Browser, Mobile Flash Browser for K-12 Education, from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- After the installation, open the Puffin Academy Portal and search for Muzzy.
- Once found, click on the Muzzy language icon.
- Select install.
- Open the Puffin Academy app.
- Select MUZZY and log in with your library credentials:
- Username: SpencerLibrary
- Password: SpencerMuzzy