How do I obtain a library card?
Any person(s) residing in Ohio, Luce, or Hammond townships may apply for a library card at any SCPL location. You must present a valid photo ID (such as a drivers license or state ID) with a current address. If the ID does not have a current address you must present one of the following items:
- valid voter registration card
- computer generated bank statement issued in applicants name within the last 30 days
- computer generated utility, credit card company, doctor or hospital bill, issued in applicants name within the last 30 days and containing address of residence
- Medicaid or Medicare benefit statement issued in the applicants name within the last 30 days
- Change-of-address confirmation from the United States Postal Service showing prior and current address of resident (a PO Box is not acceptable as a residence address)
- Apartment lease signed within the last 30 days
- Property tax receipt issued in applicants name
Minor Child (under 18)
A parent or legal guardian showing Proper Identification may register a minor child for a SCPL library card. Registering a minor child denotes acceptance of responsibility for all fees, fines, and payment for lost or damaged materials charged on such minors library card. Emancipated minors will be asked to present evidence of their status to void the necessity of the presence of a parent or guardian.