Summer Reading Program
June 4 – July 21
- The adult summer reading program is open to anyone age 18 or older.
- Check out reading material from any of our four locations – books, magazines, ebooks, and audio books all count! Please enjoy our DVD collection, but it does not count toward the summer reading program.
- Receive one NOTE card for each item checked out between June 4 – July 21. Please ask a staff member for NOTE cards for ebooks you have downloaded through Overdrive.
- Fill out the NOTE card completely and include a sentence describing what you thought of the book – examples:
- “This book really made me appreciate living in a small town.”
- “This book was fast-paced and intense!”
- “It was too gory for me. Yuck!”
- Return your completed NOTE cards to the library and place them in the prize box of your choice by closing time on Saturday, July 28, 2018.
- NOTE cards from all locations will be combined before winners are drawn. NOTE cards will be drawn and winners notified by August 11, 2018.
Summer Instant Winners
June 4 – July 21
Some of our books, magazines, audio books, and DVDs will be secretly marked as instant winners. If you happen to be the lucky person who checks out one of these items, you will be given a prize on the spot! The more items checked out, the more chances you have to win.
Bingo & Coffee
Wednesday, July 25 10:00am @ Main Library – Rockport
Join us at Spencer County Public Library (Main Library – Rockport) for Bingo and Coffee! Coffee and doughnuts are provided during game play. Each Bingo winner will earn a prize! To sign up, call or confirm on our Facebook page, 812-649-4866 or facebook.com/scplrockport
Tuesday, July 17 1:00pm @ Main Library – Rockport
Join us at the Spencer County Public Library (Main Library – Rockport) to create a decoupage flower pot! There is no cost to this program and all materials are provided. Sign up is encouraged (limit of 12) as materials are only guaranteed for those who are registered. To sign up, call or confirm on our Facebook page, 812-649-4866 or facebook.com/scplrockport
Monday, July 16 5:00pm @ Grandview Branch
Join us at the Spencer County Public Library (Grandview Branch) to create a decoupage flower pot! There is no cost to this program and all materials are provided. Sign up is encouraged (limit of 12) as materials are only guaranteed for those who are registered. To sign up, call or confirm on our Facebook page, 812-649-9732 or facebook.com/scplrockport
Bon Appetit Recipe Swap
Thursday, July 5 5:00-6:00pm @ Marylee Vogel Branch Richland
Do you like to cook? Then join us at the library for a recipe swap! Each features a new theme or ingredient. Participants are encouraged to bring a copy of their recipe with a prepared sample dish to share. This month’s theme will be Patriotic Picnic.
To sign-up, contact Charlynn 812-359-4146
First Friday of the Month 1:00pm @ Main Library – Rockport
July – Mudbound by Hillary Jordan
August – Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
September – Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann
Second Monday of the Month 1:30pm @ Marylee Vogel Branch – Richland
July – Hounded by David Rosenfelt
August – The Fix by David Baldacci
September – Fifty, Fifty by James Patterson